T&D World recently interviewed Boudewijn Neijens, Copperleaf CMO, for its Ask The Expert series. T&D World provides utility professionals with critical information related to the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and safety of transmission and distribution facilities, including automation and information technology.
Utility asset management practices used to be pretty static: Build the plan, embed the work orders, and put the plan back on the shelf. But today’s environment is more complex and dynamic, particularly as utilities are decarbonizing their generation portfolios, which creates ripple effects upstream and downstream.
The pandemic has also created huge financial and logistical challenges in asset maintenance and replacement. Extreme weather makes things worse by urgently requiring the hardening of the existing asset base. Now more than ever, the ISO 55000 series of international standards for asset management, have become an essential framework for companies that own and operate physical infrastructure.
Download this article to learn:
- the importance of ISO 55000 in today’s business environment
- the operational and financial benefits of ISO 55000 certification
- why the energy transition and decarbonization are driving increased interest in ISO 55000
- how Asset Investment Planning and Management (AIPM) breaks the challenge down into three stages
- how the Copperleaf® Decision Analytics Solution helps utilities align their capital planning and decision-making processes with ISO 55000 best practices
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Copperleaf Marketing