Women in Business magazine highlights the women influencing how we invest, learn, work and do business in B.C.
Business in Vancouver published its second edition of Women in Business magazine, celebrating the 2017 winners of the “Influential Women in Business” award. The issue features interviews with six honorees as well as articles about women making important strides in the local business community.
This year, Copperleaf CEO Judi Hess was selected for the award, alongside:
- Martha Piper, Past President & Vice-Chancellor, University of British Columbia (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Natalie Dakers, Founding President and CEO, Accel-Rx Health Sciences Accelerator
- Kathy Kinloch, President, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Laura Nashman, CEO, BC Pension Corporation
- Marcia Nozick, CEO, EMBERS
In her Q&A, Judi shares her experience and talks about what this recognition means to her. She also offers this advice to the next generation of women leaders:
Be confident in yourself and surround yourself with a diverse group of hard-working, talented people. You have so much to offer the world, so please don’t shortchange yourself or the rest of us.
When asked about the most important lessons she’s learned over the years, Judi highlights the ability to take risks:
Be comfortable in taking calculated risks. I have seen time and again, when you have a great team, when you listen to your clients, you need to take that risk. You have to go for it.
Read the full Q&A on page 18.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Copperleaf Marketing